Thursday, August 12, 2010

From bad to worse and back again

Things are starting to look up after a pretty long downer run.  Last night, one of my closest friend's daughter made my week.  Let me paint the scene for you.

Perry was carrying his daughter, Jaina, who is six months old.  Jaina, mind you, TOTALLY has the same birthday as me :D.  Anyway.  So she's in his arms, and I walk by.  She starts making her "I want" noise, and reaching for me, but I had walked away, so she starts making this pitiful whining noise.  So I walked back over and she starts going "UNGH!" and like reaching for me.  Then she about jumps out of Perry's arms!  So I finally take her and she makes the "Yay!" face.  Ohmahgawsh.  Best.  Night.  Ever.

Then this morning I find out I probably have a job at a daycare.  It's not quite enough hours, and it's more a tutoring position than daycare, and it's across town, and it's only when school is in session... and the hours are shit, the worst time for traffic.  But you know what?  It's better than what I have now.  I won't be able to move out, but I'll be able to start saving.

So things are looking up.  For now.  :)

1 comment: