Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First of all...

Wow.  I fail at this.  Almost three months without a post.  Go me.  I haven't even been writing in my analog journal.  So yeah.  That sucks.  I'm really not the blogging type, I don't think.  Sure, I love to talk and conversate and write, but keeping a public journal just seems... weird to me.  Some of the things I write here are dark, some are fun, some are deep... but all of them are really me letting down my walls for the entire internet to see.  That's scary, especially for someone like me.

So then I started thinking (Oh no!  Again with the thinking!).  Why... not?  Why not bare my soul to everyone I meet?  They only have the power over me that I give them.  So, no more will I censor myself.  No more will I apologize, or hide what I feel to be Right, or Just, or HOW I feel.  Because at the end of the day, this is a selfish thing I'm doing.  It's for me, not you.  Sure, dear reader, I value your opinion.  I want to hear your point of view. But who are you to judge me for me?  Who are you to make me feel insecure, or unwanted?  Yes, I want the conflicting points of view.  Yes, I want the negative opinions.  But the fear... that's what I'm talking about.  The fear of sharing something that you (yes you, dear reader) finds offensive, or wrong, or unacceptable, and of losing a friendship (or potential friendship).

So know this... I'll never close the door.  Only you can do that.  This is me, unadulterated, unfiltered, pure.  Honesty, no exceptions, even in the face of oblivion.  Ask what you will, and I'll answer, even if I know you won't like it.  Say what you will, and I'll consider it.  But don't try to fix me.  I'm not broken.  Worse for the wear, maybe, but not broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment