Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Old cars and memories

Last night I had another weird dream.  Odd what the mind does when it's in standby mode.  Most of the dream was personal (not gross, just personal), but for some reason I was driving my old Jeep.  I think it was a Cherokee... don't remember the year, but I believe it was a 1992ish.  I kinda miss that neat car now.  Sure, it ate up gas (not as bad as a full fledged SUV or hummer, but still pretty bad), and it had a baseball for a shift knob, but man that car had character.  Dented and dinged, couple cracks in the wind shield, the paint was still holding up nicely for a car that's spent its entire life in the sun.  I had some good times in that car, and some bad ones.  I don't quite remember why we got rid of it... I believe I started driving my pinto again (I had wrecked it a week after I got my licence, but that's a story for another time).  Never gave good old Jeepy a proper nickname.  I hope it's being treated nice, and not tore up in a field somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment